REUNIÓN GENERAL DE PADRES DE 5°
VIERNES 24 A LAS 13:15H.
Middle Ages Questionnaire:
1. When did the Middle Ages start?
When did it finish?
2. Read these sentences about Visigoths and write true (T) or false (F):
- Visigoths were a Germanic tribe that came to Hispania to help Romans to fight in their wars.
- Visigoths spoke Arabic and their religion was the Islam.
- They lived in cities.
- Most of people in the Visigothic society were peasants.
- Visigoths built churches using the Romanesque style.
3. Correct the false sentences you found in activity 2:
4. When did Muslims invaded the Visigoth Kingdom? What name gave to the conquered territory? What was the capital city?
5. The Reconquering. Write about:
- what is it?
- what person led it?
- why did the Reconquering start?
6. Write what pictures belong to Visigoth art, Muslim art and Christian art:
1st) Remember that they start with an introductory phrase:
-Can you tell me...?
-Do you mind if...?
-Do you happen to know...?
-I want to know...
-Have you any idea...?
In your notebook you have other examples.
2nd) There are two types of indirect questions: yes/no questions and -wh questions:
yes/no questions: They are the ones that are answered yes or no and we use this structure to form them
-wh questions: the ones with question words as where, who, how, why, when...
INTRODUCTORY PHRASE+ -WH WORD+SUBJECT+VERB
(Remember here that you do not have to put do/does, did)
LINKS TO PRACTICE:
USE TO/DIDN´T USE TO:
These expressions help us to talk about past habits.
LINKS TO PRACTICE:
GROUP A write the email for tomorrow Friday according the tips I gave you in the morning.
GROUP B write the story for tomorrow Friday according the already known tips given at the beginning of the course. Next you have that:
GROUP A finish their diagram about heat.
GROUP B underline important ideas in the Heat summary papers.
Watch the video posted below about diagrams.
Draw on a draft paper (papel de borrador) a design your future diagram about heat with pencil. REMEMBER! It´s a design, not the definitive outline (no es el esquema final)
GROUPS A AND B: Indirect questions activity.
Remember: Use the diagrams copied today in the morning.
GROUP A: Write the story (group B will see it tomorrow)
INDIRECT QUESTION DIAGRAM
GROUP A: Do your heat diagram with the Din A3 paper for Friday.
(Group B will see this tomorrow in the classroom)