martes, 12 de enero de 2021

 Wednesday, 13th January 2021


Good morning,

How are you? If you have any problem let me know through my email.

TODAY WEDNESDAY YOU WILL SEND ME

THE  FOLLOWING ACTIVITIES 

- Pupil’s Book Page 31, activity 2.

- Natural Science: Page 10, activities 1,2,3.

- Social Science questionnaire about the 20th century.

- Arts questionnaire: Art in the Modern Age.

The last two are posted at the end of the blog.

E -MAIL: sextoinglesesperanza @gmail.com

ENGLISH

- Grammar: Verbs+ gerund, verbs+infinitive 

Yesterday you watched some information about when you have to use a gerund or an infinitive after a previous verb and as Kat said THERE IS NO RULE. Sorry 🤷🏻‍♀️

Once more you have to learn or memorize some pairs. Today I post here the most frequent pairs or combinations to make this learning easier 😉 THEY WILL BE THE ONES YOU HAVE TO STUDY.

VERBS FOLLOWED BY AN INFINITIVE:

hope     offer      agree   learn  ask     expect     would like     decide     plan     promise     want     invite

Examples:

- I want to go to school.

- My dad promised to buy a car when I’ll be 18.

- I expect to pass all the exams this term.

- Alice invited me to eat some pizza.

- Some students are planning to organize a party. 


VERBS FOLLOWED BY A GERUND:

stop     finish     imagine     suggest     recommend      avoid      mind      miss      risk      enjoy      dislike 

Examples:

- Danny suggested going to the cinema.

- Imagine living at 2,000 meters above the sea level.

- I  recommend you eating the omelette. It’s fantastic.

- Avoid swimming in the sea! Tides are very high now.

- My mum doesn’t mind buying my clothes.


VERBS THAT CAN BE FOLLOWED BY AN INFINITIVE OR A GERUND:

start       love      like    remember    forget

Examples:

- My older brother started learning Japanese/ My older brother started to learn Japanese.

- I love cooking for my family/ I love to cook for my family.

- Dogs like bitting bones/ Dogs like to bite bones.

- My grandpa remembered calling my mum/ My grandpa remembered to call my mum.

- Don’t forget locking the door when you leave!/ I forgot to lock the door.

- Now click on this link to make some practice online. It’ s a selfcorrecting activity so you can check your answer inmediatly:

Verbs followed by an infinitive or a gerund


SOCIAL SCIENCE

Answer the following questions about the notes you read yesterday. USE THE SUMMARY 😬

- What type of king was Alfonso XIII? Was he a republican? Constitutional or absolutist?

- What problems did he have during his reign?

- How did he cope those problems?

- Who was Primo de Rivera and what did he do?

- Did the Spanish population accepted the decisions took by Alfonso and Primo the Rivera?

- What happened in 1931?

- What is a republic?

- Name two politicians who governed from 1931 to 1939.

- Write three things approved by the Constitution 1931. 


ARTS

- Click on the following link to watch a presentation about the art in the Modern Age. 

In this period of time there were two styles: The Renaissance (El Renacimiento) and the Baroque (El Barroco)

Today you will see the Renaissance and on Friday you will see the second part about the Baroque. When we finish watching these presentations we will do an activity when we come back to school.

https://1drv.ms/p/s!Ao2CYl6Savr6kixJTtc0tuv9HQGE

- Now answer this questionnaire about the presentation:

a) Why is the Modern Age called the Golden Age of the Spanish art?

b) Write two characteristics of the Renaissance.

c) Name  one Renaissance painter and a painting, and one sculptor.

d) What are the Plateresque and the Herrerian?

d) Explain the main difference between the plateresque and the Herrerian.

e) Write an example of the Herrerian.

f) What is a picaresque and a mystic novel? 

                                         ENJOY THE DAY!